iS CLINICAL® WHITE LIGHTENING™ COMPLEX Fact Sheet
WHITE LIGHTENING™ COMPLEX is a distinctive formula that safely and effectively brightens and lightens skin with beneficial moisturizing properties. Utilizing an innovative blend of proprietary lightening ingredients and pharmaceutical grade botanicals, this high performance formula concentrates on not one or two but all five mechanisms that address hyperpigmentation. By disrupting communication between melanocytes and keratinocytes, decreasing melanin with tyrosinase inhibitors, exfoliating, reducing inflammation, and providing strong antioxidant protection, WHITE LIGHTENING™ COMPLEX is a powerful formula for lighter, healthier skin.
Hyperpigmentation is an overproduction of melanin in the skin, caused by photodamage, hormonal changes, trauma or inflammation. These causes stimulate melanocytes in the skin to release the tyrosinase enzyme which initiates melanin production. The melanin is packaged in the melanocyte and then transferred by the melanocyte to the keratinocyte where it becomes visible as excess pigmentation in the skin. These pigmented cells migrate upward to the stratum corneum, causing it to appear dull and dry. As hyperpigmentation is caused by multiple processes, an effective skin lightening product must also address these multiple processes.
What are the results?
Lighter, brighter skin
Reduction of hyperpigmented areas
Skin feels moisturized and softer
Reduction in fine lines and wrinkles
Healthier skin with no side effects
How does the formula work?
– This powerful formula combines several highly efficient lightening ingredients that work safely and synergistically to control hyperpigmentation by addressing all five contributing mechanisms:
Interrupts the transfer of melanin between melanocyte and keratinocyte
Inhibits tyrosinase enzymes to safely prevent production of melanin
Gently resurfaces, allowing for the sloughing of hyperpigmented and damaged skin
Protects and preserves the skin’s barrier with bio-identical lipids
Provides powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to protect skin
What special ingredients does it contain?
Norwegian Kelp Extract –
- Moisturizes – Strong botanical moisturizers increase cellular hydration and boost moisture absorption in the skin, making the skin more soft and supple.
- Exfoliates – Controlled exfoliation leaves the skin brighter, smoother, and clearer without excessive peeling or irritation
Interrupts communication between melanocyte and keratinocyte and increases controlled exfoliation, helping to remove hyperpigmentation
Salix Alba (White Willow Bark) Extract –
Encourages desquamation by “dissolving” intercellular “cement” with no inflammatory effects. Also deep cleans the pore and removes debris within hair follicles
Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract
- Desquamation agent; encourages exfoliation of stratum corneum
Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit/Leaf Extract
- Desquamation agent with moisturizing properties; enhances exfoliation of the stratum corneum without dehydrating the skin
- Inhibits tyrosinase enzymes that produce melanin, thus controlling hyperpigmentation
Polyporus Umbellatus (Mushroom) Extract
- Inhibits tyrosinase enzymes that produce melanin, thus controlling hyperpigmentation. Also exhibits powerful antibacterial, antimicrobial and antibiotic properties
Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract
- Antioxidant that possesses anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant and wound-healing properties. Acts as a de-pigmentation agent.
Imperata Cylindrica Extract, Squalane and Glycerin
– A proprietary compound that optimizes and reinforces collagen synthesis and moisture absorption in the skin
– Serves as a humectant to attract and bind the skin’s natural moisture, increasing cellular hydration
iS CLINICAL® WHITE LIGHTENING™ COMPLEX
will be available exclusively through dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medi-spas, cosmetic physicians and medical aestheticians.